Friday, August 31, 2012

Language Partner

So I finally met my language partner! She's very sweet- her name is 吕莹 . Her given name is the name for a precious jade stone apparently. Anyway, I took her out to dinner with someone and her language partner but we both agreed we didn't take them somewhere fancy enough. We'll have to do better next time. We're going to meet three times a week so I should be speaking Chinese in no time! ;)
On another note, I was supposed to have an interview today with the radio station but my stomach wasn't doing well. Something similar happened last year when I arrived here so I'm not worried about it. I ended up sleeping through most of the day. I didn't go to class either because we were going to walk around to a bank and I really didn't feel like walking around would be such a good idea.
Tomorrow we're required to go on a scavenger hunt of (I think) the school. I'm in a group with Allegra, Nicholas, and Cheyenne. Allegra speaks Chinese really well so I feel like we'll get wherever we need to be really quickly. Nicholas is one of only two people below me in Chinese language proficiency. It is so sad I'm not farther along.
Staying with a Chinese family would certainly improve my language skills but I'm scared. I mean, what if we don't get along?! It's not just for a week- it's for nearly two months! There's also the extra $550 fee to think about which is supposed to be for the Chinese family to pay for our daily meals. My language skills would definitely improve... I'll have to seriously think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment