Monday, December 17, 2012

Back Home

Well, it's been pretty eventful since I got back.
First off I confirmed that I am in fact allergic to cats. I was feeling alright when I arrived, not on allergy medicine, and then I went home to five cats and slept and have been pretty miserable ever since. I even took allergy medicine beforehand! I bought some stronger meds with a decongestant so hopefully that does the trick. If not, I'm going to consider the possibility I might be sick.. again.
The day after I arrived my mom had her christmas party which was fun. It was nice to see mom's old work friends that I've now known for, like, 10+ years. The dinner was pretty awesome. I woke up that morning at 6 after going to bed at midnight but then went back to bed at 9 and didn't wake until noon. Then I took a nap after dinner and woke up around 6. My days are really days yet, they're just periods of sleep and awake. It's 2am right now and I just woke up at 11:30pm... I'm really doing the opposite of improving (I'd say the word but I can't think of it).
Then today I finally turned in my computer to be fixed. For those of you who don't know my computer was having trouble starting up and didn't like this one particular update. So after turning it in I found out it's going to need a new hard drive which means bye bye to basically everything that isn't on my old computer or the few videos and school assignments I was able to save on my flash drive before taking it in. Thankfully there's facebook but there were a number of pictures people had asked me not to put on facebook so I didn't and now those are all gone. Oh well, nothing I can do now.
I was able to see my good friend Laura today! It was so nice to see a friend after so long. We're going to see a movie tomorrow night in Atlanta. Then at some point I need to make it down to see my friends' children and give them the gifts I got from China.
I really need to start wrapping my gifts for everyone. I think I'll start doing that tomorrow night when I'm awake when I shouldn't be.
Hope everyone who's made their way back from China (I think everyone has now) is adjusting well and is happy to be back with family and friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment