Thursday, November 8, 2012

Days Missed

So I got called into the office today to talk about how many classes I've missed. I've been physically sick a lot but most of those are excused- it's really the ones that are depression/anxiety related.
I'm writing this because I don't know what the Alliance is going to do with this blog once I'm done or if they're already directing students to our blogs but if they are I don't want anyone to think you can't go abroad if you have issues. I'm on medication for it but it wasn't working very well before I left and we had run out of time to explore more options. That being said, for being away from my friends, my family, my therapist, my entire support system really, I haven't done too bad. I'm not failing any of my classes. I'm just... having a hard time meeting them face-to-face.
At any rate, the semester is half over so I've already survived halfway. I can survive the rest if I use the coping skills I've learned over the years to help me.
What I'm saying is, don't let anything stop you from an opportunity to see another way of living. You never know, you might find things that will be more comfortable for you, that you can bring home with you. The worst thing that can happen is that you fail. I have an intense fear of failure but I know I would be far less likely to live with myself if I had never tried at all than tried and didn't make it all the way.
I've been told my blog posts have been mostly negative and I'm sorry about that because it's not all bad. I won't go home and think this was awful and I wish I'd never done it.
So if you're thinking about doing this, going on an adventure and seeing a different way of life and learning a different way, you should do it. You can't know what's going to happen but I can promise you if you don't you'll miss it. Even though you have no idea what you're missing- you'll still miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment