Saturday, November 3, 2012

Medicine

So I'm having stomach issues and went to the doctor last night to pick up some medication. I noticed they take a large amount of drugs for a very short amount of time. For instance, I received one drug that I take two tablets of, after meals, three times a day. I also have a drug I'm supposed to take one tablet of, but not at the same time as the first tablet because the first would kill it. I then dissolve a powder in water and drink that three times a day. You would honestly believe I was close to dying if I received that much medication in the United States. And this isn't a special occasion, I received four drugs when I went in with a cold asking for allergy medicine.
Although he gave me so much, I only have enough for three days. That's also similar to when the last doctor only gave me ten days worth of allergy medicine that in the United States I take almost daily year-round. In the United States I would have been given one drug to take for ten days with a warning to eat "bland foods" and drink lots of water (which is what this doctor also instructed).
Just a little observation I made while having my life momentarily revolve around which medicine I'm supposed to take next, and with what.

No comments:

Post a Comment