Saturday, September 15, 2012

Clubbing

I would title this "clubbing in China" but I have no idea what clubbing in America is like since this was my first time clubbing ever.
Yes, ever and I'm twenty-four years old. I lead a boring life, I know.
So the club was interesting- got stamped, just like an American bar and the first floor had some tables and a bar but the basement was all people and it was packed. I mean, it was a perfect visual of the ridiculous amount of people there are in China. Anyway, I ended up leading the roundabout way to the dance floor and ended up kind of on my own. Not so great. Random creepy dude is giving me this "you wanna?" smile and not seeming to take the hint I wasn't interested. I told him no and he asked why. I said I had a boyfriend (which I almost said in Chinese but he was black so thankfully I caught myself). He said where and I said America. Like that would matter, if the girl tells you she has a boyfriend then obviously to her it doesn't matter where he is. Anyway I found the group and while I danced with them I wasn't bothered again.
I've decided bars are more for drinking and socializing. You get a beer and sit there and chat it up with friends. Clubs are more about shots and dancing. I actually had a tequila shot and found it absolutely disgusting. I've never understood the fondness of alcohol- the stuff tastes gross and enough of it makes me feel like I have a head cold. But I loved the dancing- I could definitely do that every weekend. Seriously I think I would dance off all the oreos I'm eating. I seriously need to stop eating oreos- I'm never going to lose weight eating the way I am, no matter how often I walk or dance.
After a couple hours of dancing my feet felt like they would explode. So I decided to leave and as I was walking out suddenly the smell pee surrounded me. Someone had decided to pee in the club. I then saw an employee trying to, I think, brush up the pee? I have no idea. At any rate it was nice to see someone cleaning it up. This is China where it's totally acceptable for people to pee in the street in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment