Saturday, September 8, 2012

Something Wrong

So I took a nap. I know I shouldn't have but I did. The point is I woke up and couldn't see. It was similar to when I leave my contacts in and they're hard- I have to blink a number of times to get them right again but today I'm not wearing contacts.
I woke up hearing my phone vibrating. I took off the sleeping mask (which I've been wearing lately so that I can sleep in) and I couldn't see which at first I expected but then as I rummaged through my purse and picked up the phone I realized I couldn't read the name of the person- even when I held it super close and held it back- I couldn't see anything. I thought maybe there was a film over my eyes so I rubbed them but that didn't help so then I used lubricating eye drops but that didn't seem to help- not at first anyway. I went into the bathroom to look at them and I had to be centimeters from the mirror just to see my eyes semi-clearly. I was pretty certain one pupil was bigger than the other.
This is not the first time this has happened. I even mentioned it to my eye doctor and he said there wasn't enough of a difference to worry about.
I got my camera and started taking pictures but unfortunately I can't see anything abnormal but that could be because they didn't turn out very well.

It's gotten better but I still can't see as well as I think I normally do.
I suppose I should mention that a week before I left I saw my eye doctor because my eyes were bothering me. He looked at them and said I was wearing my contacts too often and had infected my lids. So I was told not to wear contacts for a month and put in these drops everyday.
Well after my fall I started wearing my contacts again because they were scratched up. I'm also not always putting in the medication anymore but could that seriously be it?
That isn't the time I mentioned it to my eye doctor either- I mentioned it about four months earlier when I was getting my glasses and that's when he checked and said he couldn't see anything.
I have no idea what to do- I mean, maybe this won't happen again? Because I really don't want to go to a Chinese doctor.
Man, this would happen while I'm in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment