Saturday, September 29, 2012

OMG

Not having a VPN is the absolute worst thing over a break from school and no one is around. I swear, I didn't realize how much time I waste on facebook and youtube and here. I haven't gotten my original VPN due to Astrill being... uncooperative. I finally caved and got another one since my mom informed me I didn't read the email completely and I won't have it back for another week. I have friends getting married this weekend in the states (my boyfriend is the best man) and there is no way I am missing photos of their wedding. It says I have a 30 day return policy so let's see how this goes. All I really care about is that I can now see the pictures whenever they're posted.

So what have I been doing? Well, since Wednesday (in China, which means Tuesday in the States) I've been trying not to lose my mind because of course that's just when I started to feel better. I did go out have lunch, try some new dishes, but nothing too far out of my comfort zone. I've basically been trying to find this dish I first had at EastWheat in Datong (大同) that was a pork sliced noodle dish (刀削面 - sliced noodles). Apparently, EastWheat is only in Datong which sucks because Beijing is really no where near Datong and I really want their food. The place I went to near me has something similar but it's not as good and more expensive. The dining hall doesn't have it either, at least not like how I'd like it. They also had something similar but the restaurant still has the closest.

Anyway, I haven't been into work but I did finish my report on the interview I did. I haven't heard back on what the producers think of it and don't expect to. This is the holiday week now so I may hear something when I go in on Tuesday but I don't know if they'll be there. We'll see.

Yeah, nothing is really going on- the others aren't back yet but return tomorrow night. Theo posted one picture when they first arrived but I don't think he's posted anything since and neither has anyone else. Not that I would really know, not having Facebook for a week and all. It'll be nice to hear how it went and see pictures.

And now that I have my VPN settled and ready for the wedding, I'm going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment