Friday, September 7, 2012

Loooooong Day

Oh my god, my feet are killing me.
So today I had my first Chinese quiz. The highlight was that our teacher spelled four "fore." Other than that it was a lengthy, god-awful test. We had two hours and I finished with 3 minutes to spare. It wasn't hard really (although my grade may say otherwise once I get my test back) it was just really long and had a lot of writing. I definitely need to freshen up on my Chinese and study more.
Especially since today I got my internship! My interview was at 3pm and it took us an hour by subway to get there. I was wearing heels and a jacket to look professional but (thankfully) was overdressed. We talked a little bit about what I'm going to do but we decided to discuss this more in  detail on Tuesday. It looks like I'm going to interview people in English and perhaps record my experiences travelling to tourist places? I'm not entirely sure. Again, we're going to discuss it on Tuesday. Marketus said I did well so that's good! When I got back I was so hungry I went straight to the cafeteria which sucked only because it meant more walking.
I have my abstract due for my 20 page paper due Monday and I'm pretty sure I'm going to write something about the study of English here in China. It just amazes me how these people can be forced to study English at a young age and yet they can't speak it at all! I'm a little worried however because the paper is due in a month which means writing 5 pages a week.
Also my shoulder is finally healing so I don't need to go back to the hospital. I think I'd want to just to talk to the doctor and converse with Chinese people but it's 12 kuai and I need every penny I can get- especially if I want to go somewhere during my independent travel week!

No comments:

Post a Comment